Focused Well-being Services (Brisbane, Ipswich and Sunshine Coast)
Mon to Sat - 9 am to 6 pm
Sunday - 9 am to 12 pm
What is support coordination?
Support coordination helps you to make the best use of your supports in plan. Support coordination is a capacity building support which helps you to:
- Understand and use you NDIS plan to pursue your goals
- Connect you with NDIS providers, community, mainstream and other government services
- Build your confidence and skills to use and coordinate your supports.
A support coordinator or specialist support coordinator delivers support coordination services.
There are three levels of support coordination that can be included in your plan:
- Support connection – This support is to build your ability to connect with informal, community and funded supports enabling you to get the most out of your plan and pursue your goals.
- Support coordination – coordination of supports: This support will assist you to build the skills you need to understand and use your plan. A support coordinator will work with you to ensure a mix of supports are used to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently and be included in your community.
- Specialist support coordination – This is a higher level of support coordination. It is for people whose situations are more complex and who need specialist support. A specialist Support Coordinator will assist you to manage challenges in your support environment and ensuring consistent delivery of service.
Our Support Coordinators will support you to understand and implement the funded supports in your plan and link you to community, mainstream and other government services. Our Support Coordinators will focus on supporting you to build skills and direct your life as well as connect you to providers.
We will assist you to negotiate with providers about what they will offer you and how much it will cost out of your plan. Our Support coordinators will ensure service agreements and service bookings are completed. We will help build your ability to exercise choice and control, to coordinate supports and access your local community.
We can also assist you in planning ahead to prepare for your plan review. Our Support coordinators will assist you to ‘optimise’ your plan ensuring that you are getting the most out of your funded supports.
For more information click here or visit the NDIS website https://www.ndis.gov.au/participants/using-your-plan/who-can-help-start-your-plan/support-coordination